Saturday 22 August 2009

decided to have a Thomas The Tank Engine theme

Changing the theme of a baby's bedroom?
My son is moving to another bedroom, and to a different bed when he turns 16 months due to his little brother needing a cot after he grows out of the bassinet.

We have decided to have a Thomas The Tank Engine theme for his bedroom with a small Thomas toddler bed.

Currently he has Tigger from Pooh Bear all over the nursery. I am wondering, would it be bad to change the theme to Thomas for him, or keep up the Tigger act? Tigger items really stop selling for children over 1 so I thought maybe something he could grow up with might be better?

I have already been told that it is a bad idea from my in-laws as they want him to continue with Tigger, as they are in love with the theme.. What do you think?

==========================================

answer :

It really is nothing to do with your inlaws and all to do with your child's preferences. The fact is, by the time your little boy is three he will likely have turned into a boys boy, wanting Ben 10, Thomas and other boys themes - so you might as well decorate at this moment of transistion rather than wait a few years for more uproar.


----------------------------------------

I think that if you and your son want to switch to Thomas do so. I agree that Thomas is something that he can grow up with more. We are doing my son's new room in just a nautical/pirate theme :)
Source(s):
Mommy to a lil man


Thomas The Tank Engine theme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails